- 1. Find out how much energy your IT systems use and monitor ongoing consumption levels.
- 2. Ensure unused equipment is turned off when it is not being used.
- 3. Educate staff to the benefits of saving energy and recycling.
- 4. Establish a code of practice designed to minimise unnecessary printing.
- 5. Identify IT management practices that reduce power consumption.
- 6. When purchasing new IT equipment, chose energy-saving devices that have been manufactured in an environmentally-conscious fashion.
- 7. Dispose of old hardware responsibly; send old PCs to be reconditioned and recycled.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Computing, over in the UK, has launched a Green Computing Campaign to raise environmental awareness and cut costs in IT departments. They have a whole list of companies that have signed up for the campaign, including Llloyd TSB, Centrica, Network Rail, and many others. They have a charter with seven guidelines:
Posted by Mark Ontkush at 8:44 AM
Post a Comment