Monday, September 25, 2006

Woes Me

I actually thought that my writeup on Greenpeace's "Guide to Greener Electronics" was pretty good, but alas, too many other people said it much better than I. Here's Roughly Drafted's take on it:

Greenpeace activism is based upon the simplification of complex political issues into epic battles between good and evil. Rather than devoting a lot of resources into educating the public, Greenpeace, like most political activist groups, tries to create sensationalist drama to grab attention and put simplistic issues in the headlines.


Not only that but RD continues in another article to explain what I suspected, that Apple was being targeted as a 'do-badder'. There are pros and cons to Apple's behavior, some of which I have mentioned in posts such as (Cr)apple and (Cr)apple redux, but they are not all bad. My sense of this is that the green computing word is complicated - there's a lot of things companies can, should, and do. We need a way to iron these things out, a plan.

No comments: